Tony Trischka is an American musician who is best known for playing a five-string banjo. Trischka is considered to be one of the most influential banjoists who is able to play banjo in several musical forms including bluegrass music, jazz, and avant-garde. Tony has managed to inspire various generations of musicians through his works.
Age, Parents, and Early Life
Tony Trischka was born on January 16, 1949, in Syracuse, New York, USA to his parents. He is 76 years old. The details regarding Trischka’s early life and education are not revealed yet but we do know that Tony had a keen interest as a musician from his early days.
Tony Trischka Career
Tony Trischka first emerged as a musician in the 1960s as a part of a band named ‘Down City Ramblers’ and remained in the band till 1971. In the year following her departure from the “Down City Ramblers”, Trischka debuted on “15 Bluegrass Instrumentals” with the band “Country Cooking.” She then joined the premier sports-rock group “Country Granola” the following year. He went onto releasing his solo albums named ‘Bluegram Light’ in 1974 followed by ‘Heartlands’ and ‘Banjoland’ in the late 1970s. Tony then toured in 1978 and began recording and releasing albums with his own group ‘Skyline’ in the early 1980s which includes albums such as ‘ Robot Plane Flies over Arkansas’, ‘Stranded in the Moonlight’, and ‘Hill Country’.
Coming towards the 1990s, Trischka began his solo career with recordings like ‘World Turning’, ‘Glory Shone Around: A Christmas Collection’ and ‘Bend’ which was followed by ‘New Deal’ in 2003, ‘Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular’ which featured appearances by Steve Martin, Earl Scruggs, Béla Fleck and Tony Rice in 2007 and ‘Territory’ in 2008. Tony then toured around the world for the next five years of his life and returned back to recording under his own name in 2013 and released ‘Great Big Worlds’ in 2014 followed by ‘Shall We Hope’ in 2020 which featured vocalist Michael Daves.
Tony Trischka’s Wife and Personal Life
Tony has provided very little light on his private life, however, he has revealed that he is married to his wife Assunta Trischka via his social media ‘Facebook’ and the couple has two children named Sean Louis Trischka (son) and Zoe Trischka (daughter).
Related: Dating life of songwriter and musician Jordan Sweeto.
Tony Trischka Net Worth
As per the reports released in the year 2020, the total estimated net worth of Tony Trischka is said to be USD $ 3 million. Most of his income comes through his music career and the production of various albums throughout his long career. The annual salary of Trischka has not been estimated as of the present day.
Here are some facts related to Tony Trischka:
- Tony launched the groundbreaking online learning school named ‘Online Banjo School with Tony Trischka’ in July 2009.
- He got IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) award for ‘Banjo Player of the Year 2007’ in October 2007.
- In December 2012, Trischka received an award from the ‘United States Artists Friends Fellow’ for this excellent work.
- Tony has even excelled in his talents in writing and has written over fifteen instructional books and a series of DVDs.
- Trischka has said to inspire a complete generation of progressive bluegrass musicians.
- He has been described as ‘the great banjo liberationist’.
- Tony has made various appearances on various TV shows and given his performance.
- Tony’s work ‘Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular’ was nominated for Grammy and won Recorded Event of the Year and Instrumental Album of the Year.
Tony Trischka Wiki Facts
|Birth Date||January 16, 1949|
|Birth Place||Syracuse, New York, USA|
|Age||76 years old|
|Children||Sean Louis Trischka (son) and Zoe Trischka (daughter)|
|Popular Work||Double Banjo Bluegrass Spectacular, Stranded in the Moonlight, Glory Shone Around: A Christmas Collection|
|Awards||IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) award for ‘Banjo Player of the Year 2007’|
|Net Worth||USD $ 3 million|
|Social Media||Twitter @tonytrischka, |
READ MORE: Who is musician Cinjun Tate?